This report gives an overview of Purchase Adjustment activity. The report allows the user to see how often they adjust suggested orders in K3S.
A great way to measure the user and company progress is to run this report every period. That way you can see if the buyers are meeting K3S Best Practices and striving for the goal of 6% or fewer adjustments. If they are not improving on adjustments each period, determine why the adjustment percentage is increasing.
To help you better understand suggested orders check out the Troubleshooting Guide. The guide will give you step-by-step instructions to evaluate your suggested orders and help you determine why they were suggested.
For example, you could determine that the order cycle or lead time is set up incorrectly. This will have a large impact on the suggested order. You can then narrow down a way to improve going forward.
1. Navigation in K3S
2. Filter Options
3. Reading the report
The Purchase Adjustment Report is very easy to generate and review. Start by selecting the Purchase Adjustments Report using the printer icon on the left side of your screen.
2. Filter Options
You will then see 4 filter options within the Request Criteria:
1. Buyer: Enter your buyer number or letter here.
2. Region: Applicable if you have different regions. (i.e. N Northeast)
3. Location: You can filter by location if you want. You will likely leave this field blank.
4. Supplier and Sub Code: If you would like to see a specific supplier, you can drill down by entering the Supplier ID here. If there is a sub-code, you can enter that as well.
5. Type of Report: You can choose the type of report. This includes adjustments by buyer, adjustments by location, adjustments by the top supplier, and adjustments by HUB supplier.
After you are satisfied with the request criteria, run the report. K3S will then email you two different files for the report. These include a CSV (spreadsheet file) and a PDF. The CSV will be great for certain reports if you want to drill down and edit the spreadsheet in excel. The PDF will be best for viewing the straightforward results. You can choose what will work best for you.
*Note: If you do not receive the reports in your email inbox, please email [email protected] we will get you setup.
3. Reading the Report
Now let’s quickly look at the PDF version of the report. You will likely favor the PDF for this specific report since it is very straightforward.
The image above shows us that there are three main sections. These include:
1. The year and month in red.
2. The blue section shows the dollars suggested and the lines (products) suggested.
3. The green section shows the adjustment percentage up, down, and total. Anytime you change the Suggested Order Quantity it is considered an adjustment. There will be times when an adjustment is needed, but it is important that it will not happen often.
You now know how to:
1. Navigate to the report
2. Understanding the filter options
3. Read the PDF report
You now fully understand how to track your purchase adjustments. Your final assignment is to find a post-it note and write the following: 6% or Less! Stick the post-it note to your computer screen so you will see it every day!